WELCOME!

Hi there! Welcome to my very miscellaneous blog. Here, I write about everything from mis-used words to gardening, to bad habits in society to going places and seeing things! Enjoy my ramblings.

Monday, March 15, 2010

Monday--Lookee Here!


Today is the beginning of the vegetable bounty!  Upon going outdoors this morning, we discovered that overnight, our very first seedling appeared!  Woo Hoo!  This teeny tiny trooper is a radish.  I kind of thought they would be the first to show up, as they are pretty quick growers, and can be used in salads even from the first thinnings. 

Here is a photo:


And look at this--what showed up in the photo that we did not see with our unaided eyes or through the camera's viewscreen--a second tinty sprout!  (arrow)

You can click the photo to enlarge it; simply click your browser's 'back' button to return here.

We are officially on our way to eating the freshest vegetables around!  My mouth is watering already, and oh, my...my brain is running amok with thoughts of planting still more types!  Problem is, would I/we have the time and energy to care for a very much larger garden?  Ironically, space is a problem.  Here we are on nearly 1/2 an acre of land (well, a bit less, when you subtract the buildings); nonetheless, a large lot, and the majority of it plagued by robo-gophers.  No, there will be no other garden areas--we are not planting these veggies to offer free meals to gophers!

But, we are off and running!  Look for more updates as the other crops break the surface!

UPDATE:  One hour after initial publication of this blog, hubby came in & noted there are now FOUR additional radish sprouts!  Wow!  Perhaps I should take my lawn chair out and sit and watch them pop up!

Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. Yay for radishes! If I had a garden, it would be full of radishes and watermelon. :)

    ReplyDelete

Contributors